Diane Tebelius focuses on civil and criminal tax controversies, bankruptcy tax matters, financial litigations and representing clients before the three Washington State taxing agencies. Ms. Tebelius began her tax career as Special Counsel with the United States Senate Budget Committee where she handled tax and budget issues. From 1983 to 1986 she served as an trial attorney with the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, where her responsibilities included preparation and trial of tax cases involving civil and criminal tax shelter litigation. From 1986 to 2002, Ms. Tebelius served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the United States Attorney’s Office in Seattle and focused on tax and bankruptcy matters. In 2002, Ms. Tebelius was appointed by the United States Attorney General as the U.S. Trustee for Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, and Montana in the United States Trustee Program, the Department of Justice’s watchdog for fraud and abuse in the bankruptcy court system. Ms. Tebelius became associated with Lesourd & Patten in 2004.
Ms. Tebelius is an adjunct professor at Golden Gate University’s Graduate Tax Program in Seattle, where she teaches tax practice and procedure and has received the Outstanding Faculty Member Award.
She and her husband, Rob, enjoy outdoor activities, traveling and being involved in many community activities.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation
- Whittier College School of Law, J.D., Law Review, Articles Editor
- Walla Walla College, B.A. History and Mathematics
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Rating
- Super Lawyer in Tax Law
- The Best Lawyers in America, Tax Law
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award, Golden Gate University,
Graduate Tax Program
- Washington State Bar Association, Equal Justice Coalition (Past President)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Seattle Chapter (Past President)
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Washington State
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington